Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Melatonin



So my son’s doctor had suggested that I use 3mg of Melatonin to help him get to sleep tonight because he has issues going to sleep. I bought the melatonin and have been giving it to him every night for the past month. He has done fine on it. He is two years old so I was a little worried about giving him medication to help get him to sleep even though it is tiring to hear him wine and scream all night long. I decided it would probably be best to try it since he is having so many troubles. I figured it would be ok to do since the doctor suggested it and Melatonin is supposed to be all natural. The other day I came across a blog post of a mother that used Melatonin with their daughter for years and all of a sudden she started having seizures and it might have been linked to Melatonin. Now I am worried whether it is ok to use the Melatonin with my son every night or if it is going to have a very nasty side effect of seizures or something fatal with him. I am very concerned, not sure what to do, not sure if I should continue this. Does anyone have any experience in this that they could share?

No comments:

Post a Comment